because i don’t know what i’m doing and i can’t afford therapy…
mom confessions #2
- people have started calling me ma’am, yuck. this has happened more and more over the last five or so years, which can really only mean one thing, something about my look qualifies that i be referred to as “ma’am”–boo.
- i have an almost unhealthy obsession with groceries. maybe this is part of why people call me ma’am, because i only go to work and to the grocery store and the people working at the grocery store practically know me by name. but nothing makes me happier than knowing that we have food in the fridge and that i can cook dinner every night of the week. let’s be honest though, i still don’t end up cooking every night of the week.
- this week i lost it over chocolate milk spilled on the bed. what can i say? i’m borderline. (begin rant) my daughter has this slide bed, ya know, the kind that literally has a slide attached. it’s just a pain in the ass to make this bed. don’t get me started. so when her sheets need cleaned it may take a week or two for me to muster up the effort to fully make her bed. but this past weekend, i did it, and i was proud too! i came home from work the next day and a cup of chocolate milk was sitting upside down on the bed. i just lost it.
- i let my kid stay home from school for no good reason other than we were tired and lazy. so ya, the year we decide to have a superbowl party it goes into over time and takes for-ever. we were just too tired to pull it altogether the next day. whatever.
- i fantasize about having a house cleaner and lawn maintenance service. seriously, everyday. oh-my-god this would be a dream come true. maybe i should have married a yard maintenance/home improvement guy. instead we have to do it all ourselves, and it sucks.
do you have a mom confession to share? put it in the comments below!